Effective Performance Appraisal
Duration: 2 days
Purpose and aim of course
This course gives learners an understanding of how effective performance appraisal can contribute to organisational success through improved performance at work. The programme provides an understanding of the key considerations in designing, developing and implementing an appraisal scheme, using effective feedback, competency assessment and objective setting. The development of interviewing skills is also an integral part of this programme.
This unit is suitable for persons who:
- have been recently promoted to a managerial position and who manage the performance of individuals
- wish to develop their skills in appraisal interviewing
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- provide effective feedback
- use a variety of methods for assessing competency levels
- set effective objectives
- conduct an effective performance appraisal interview
- produce an individual training and career development plan for an appraisee
Learners will receive all necessary material for this course including copies of presentation slides and exercises used in class.
This course is a stand-alone course and does not require any previous knowledge. However, it would be desirable for learners to either be in or have held positions in management or HR.