Recruitment and Selection Skills
Duration: 1 day
Purpose and aim of course
This course provides an introduction to the recruitment and selection skills that are required by HR professionals and line managers. It allows learners to understand the importance of attracting workers and producing accurate job descriptions and job specifications. It assists learners in developing adverts and conduct face to face competency based interviews. Key legislation pertaining to recruitment and selection is also covered.
This unit is suitable for persons who:
- have been recently promoted to a managerial or HR position and recruit individuals,
- wish to develop their skills and knowledge in the recruitment and selection process,
- wish to develop their knowledge of the legal framework that relates to recruitment and selection,
- want to be able to handle recruitment interviews effectively.
On completion of this course, learners will:
- be able to identify appropriate recruitment and selection methods,
- be able to contribute to the recruitment and selection interviewing process,
- be able to understanding the legalities that affect recruitment.
Learners will receive all necessary material for this course including copies of presentation slides and exercises used in class.
This course is a stand-alone course and does not require any previous knowledge. However, it would be desirable for learners to either be or have held positions in management or HR.